Dynamic External Mic (with batteries) to iPhone and Smartphone Adapter
- Use this adapter to connect a battery powered or lavaliere microphone to your smartphone or tablet for high quality audio recording.
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save
- Use a dynamic or battery-operated microphone as an external mic on your smartphone or tablet
- Not for use with ECM mics such as batteryless lavalier, pc, or headset mics
- Works with most smartphones that have a combined headset and mic jack
- Passive DC blocking/isolation and impedance matching allows for use of many different types of microphones
- Works with two mics at a time, just use a splitter!
- Crystal clear sound recording, 100% guaranteed
Our Headset Buddy allows you to record from mic-level outputs such as dynamic microphones, wireless microphone systems, and other battery-operated microphones. Simply insert the male 3.5mm (1/8 in.) TRRS plug into your smartphone, and plug your microphone into the female 3.5mm (1/8 in.) microphone jack.
PLEASE NOTE: This adapter is NOT for PC mics or mics that do not have batteries. Please see our "ECM Mic to Smartphone Adapter" adapter for this. Also, sound input for smartphone connections is mono. You are able to input stereo sound; however, only one side of the microphone will work.
-3.5mm male to 3.5mm female
-TRRS(male end), TRS(female end)
-Cord length 12 inches
Question: Will this adapter work with a stereo mic?
Q: Why do I need a different adapter for a lavaliere mic that does not have batteries?
Q: Can I connect two microphones for doing interviews?
Q: Will this work with the latest versions of iPhone that have removed the 3.5 mm headphone jack?
Free returns, always!
We have a 30-day, no-questions-asked return policy for all of our products as well as a one-year, 100% Satisfaction guarantee; We’ll replace your Headset Buddy for free within the first 12 months.
iPhone 5, 5s, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus
iPhone 7, 7s, 8 and iPhone X will need to be used with a 3.5mm to lightning adapter. Our's can be found here... 3.5mm to Lightning Headset Adapter
iPad and iPod
Android smartphones and devices
Compatible Audio Sources
Battery Powered Video/Condenser microphones
Battery Powered Lavaliere Microphones
Wireless Microphone systems
Older Samsung Galaxy models
Select Motorola Droid models
Incompatible Audio Sources
*For the following microphones, use 01-IPHONE-MIC-ECM
ECM microphones (without batteries)
Lavaliere microphones (without batteries)
PC microphones (without Batteries)