Our Headset Buddy allows you to record from mic-level outputs such as dynamic microphones, wireless microphone systems, and other battery-operated microphones.
- Use a dynamic or battery-operated microphone as an external mic on your smartphone or tablet
- Not for use with ECM mics such as battery-less lavalier, pc, or headset mics
- Works with most smartphones that have a combined headset and mic jack
- Passive DC blocking/isolation and impedance matching allows for use of many different types of microphones
- Works with two mics at a time, just use a splitter!
- Crystal clear sound recording, 100% guaranteed
Plug the Mic-Line Dynamic into your device’s headset jack.*
Plug your microphone into the Mic-Line Dynamic (Coral)
The device will recognize that an external mic is connected and turn its internal mic off allowing you to record using the external microphone.
Combine your Headset Buddy Mic-Line with any of these adapters for more uses:
PLEASE NOTE: This adapter is NOT for PC mics or mics that do not have batteries. Please see our "ECM Mic to Smartphone Adapter" adapter for this. Also, sound input for smartphone connections is mono. You are able to input stereo sound; however, only one side of the microphone will work.
-3.5mm male to 3.5mm female
-TRRS(male end), TRS(female end)
-Cord length 12 inches
Question: Will this adapter work with a stereo mic?
Q: Why do I need a different adapter for a lavaliere mic that does not have batteries?
Q: Can I connect two microphones for doing interviews?
Q: Will this work with the latest versions of iPhone that have removed the 3.5 mm headphone jack?
iPhone 5, 5s, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus
iPhone 7, 7s, 8 and iPhone X will need to be used with a 3.5mm to lightning adapter. Our's can be found here... 3.5mm to Lightning Headset Adapter
iPad and iPod
Android smartphones and devices
Compatible Audio Sources
Battery Powered Video/Condenser microphones
Battery Powered Lavaliere Microphones
Wireless Microphone systems
Older Samsung Galaxy models
Select Motorola Droid models
Incompatible Audio Sources
*For the following microphones, use 01-IPHONE-MIC-ECM
ECM microphones (without batteries)
Lavaliere microphones (without batteries)
PC microphones (without Batteries)