External Mic (ECM) to iPhone & Smartphone Adapter
- This adapter allows you to record high quality audio by connecting a standard battery less electret condenser microphone (ECM) to your smartphone or tablet.
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save
- Use a standard batteryless electret condenser mic (ECM) such as lavalier, PC, or headset mic, with your smartphone or tablet
- Not for use with mics that require batteries
- Works with most smartphones that have a combined headset and mic jack
- Works with two ECMs at a time, just use a splitter!
- Crystal clear sound recording, 100% guaranteed
Our Headset Buddy allows you to record from your ECM onto your smartphone. Simply insert the male 3.5mm (1/8 in.) TRRS plug into your smartphone, and plug your microphone into the female 3.5mm (1/8 in.) end of the wire.
PLEASE NOTE: This adapter is NOT for mics that have batteries. Please see our "Dynamic Mic to Smartphone Adapter" adapter for this. Also, sound input for smartphone connections is mono. You are able to input stereo sound; however, only one side of the microphone will work.
Older Samsung Galaxy models
Select Motorola Droid models
Incompatible Audio Sources:
(For the following microphones, use 01-iPhone-Mic-Dynamic)
Wireless microphone systems
Microphones with batteries
iPhones, iPads, iPods
Android smartphones and devices
Compatible Audio Sources:
ECM Microphones that require 2 VDC plug in power.
Lavalier ECM Microphones (without batteries)
ECM PC Microphones
ECM Headset/boom Microphones
Q: Will this adapter work with a stereo mic?
Q: Why do I need a different adapter for a mic that has batteries?
Q: Can I connect two microphones for doing interviews?